As many of you know, I am currently planning my own wedding. I know how stressful this process can be, so I would like to share some wedding planning tips, websites, song ideas, and wedding vendors to check out for those of you in the same boat.
- Start early and don't leave anything for the last minute. One really useful tool to utilize is theknot.com. On this site you will find plenty of wedding planning tools to help get you started and keep you on track. I recommend utilizing the "Wedding Planning Check List" and the free, customizable wedding website they offer. Check out my wedding website here, for an example.
- Keep your ideas organized. Start a "Secret" wedding board on Pinterest.com so that you can keep your DIY projects, dress ideas, flower arrangements, and decorations a secret.
- Don't forget the vendors. A wedding is like a puzzle with lots of little pieces that come together to make a masterpiece. A few notable vendors that will help complete your masterpiece could be: LaBarbara Sound, The Cakery, Adornments, Bridal Hair and Makeup, and many more.
- Gifts for the bridal party. To buy or find some great DIY ideas for gifts for the people that made your wedding a reality, vist Etsy.com.
- Wedding song ideas. Before I begin my list of favorite songs, I'd like to give just one piece of advice: before choosing a song for your first dance, father-daughter dance, or any wedding song for that matter, make sure to listen to the entire song, otherwise your special moment could be ruined with some surprise lyrics. If you find the perfect song with one line you don't like, many DJs can edit the song and cut that line out. Please find below, a few of my favorite wedding songs.